Schauffele & Fleischmann, ODs Eye Doctor in Sacramento, California
Many eye diseases can be quickly and easily diagnosed during a Comprehensive eye exam, Pediatric eye exam and Contact lens eye exam. If you were diagnosed with an eye disease, such as Cataracts, Glaucoma, Macular degeneration, Diabetic retinopathy, or Dry eye, you may be overwhelmed by the diagnosis and confused about what happens next. Will you need medications or surgery – now or in the future? Is LASIK eye and vision surgery an option for you ? Our Sacramento eye doctor is always ready to answer your questions about eye disease and Contact lenses.
Where can I find an emergency eye doctor in Sacramento, California?
Urgent eye exams and treatment in Sacramento, California
Eye emergencies can be very scary – the sight of your red, swollen, or oozing eyes is never pleasant! While you cannot prevent all types of eye emergencies, you can be prepared in case an unexpected problem occurs. The best way to make sure you’re ready is by knowing in advance where you can find urgent eye care near me. If you suffer any type of eye infection, injury, or ocular trauma, we are here to help in Sacramento, California.
Whether you work or live in the area or you’re just visiting the local sites, our emergency eye doctor provides expert eye exams and treatment.
Emergency eye care services in Sacramento, California
At Schauffele & Fleischmann, ODs, our optometrists are qualified and experienced in diagnosing and treating many types of problems. Using precise diagnostics and the latest optometric technology, we will perform your emergency eye exam.
Many people wonder about what is really an eye emergency, and what can wait to heal itself. First of all, if you’re not sure you have a real emergency – we urge you to always err on the side of caution with your vision. Reach out to us for help! Our staff will listen to your problem and provide instructions on what to do.
Common eye problems that need an emergency eye exam.
- Eye infection – pink eye (conjunctivitis)Pink eye can be caused by a bacteria or a virus. If you have a bacterial infection and leave your pink eye untreated, it can lead to serious eye damage. Our Sacramento eye doctor will perform a thorough eye exam to diagnose your condition and provide the most helpful treatment, such as antibiotic ointment or drops. While the symptoms of an eye infection vary from person to person, the most usual signs include redness, an oozing discharge, the sensation that something is stuck in your eye, blurred vision, a sore on your iris, and increased sensitivity to light.
- Foreign object stuck in your eyeObjects other than contact lenses don’t belong in your eye! But sometimes, tiny items – such as a grain of sand, can become stuck under your eyelid, where they cause tremendous pain. When this happens, do not rub your eye! Eye rubbing can make the problem worse. Instead, try to rinse the object out with clean water or saline. If that doesn’t work, we recommend contacting your emergency eye doctor near me. Our walk-in eye clinic is equipped with specialized tools to safely remove items that get stuck in your eye.
Warning: If you think the object may have pierced the outer layer of your eye, do not try to remove it on your own! Seek urgent medical care as soon as possible.
- Scratched eye – corneal abrasionIt’s easy to get a surface scratch on your eye. Your fingernail, the edge of a piece of paper, or even blowing leaves can scratch your cornea. Rinse your eye with clean water or saline, don’t rub it, and don’t wear contacts until it is healed. If none of that helps, visit an emergency eye doctor near you.
- Floaters or flashingFloaters (spots or squiggly lines) and flashers can be a normal symptom that comes with aging. But the sudden appearance of a bunch of new floaters can also be a warning sign of retinal detachment, for which you need emergency eye care. At our eye clinic in Sacramento, California, we will evaluate the cause of your floaters and flashing during a comprehensive eye exam.
- Symptoms of a glaucoma attack (acute angle-closure glaucoma)A blockage of your eye’s drainage system leads to a glaucoma attack, which is classified as a medical emergency that can cause vision loss when left untreated for a day or two. If you experience the following symptoms, you need an emergency eye exam:
- Loss of vision
- Blurred vision or seeing halos around the eyes, which can occur due to corneal inflammation
- Nausea or vomiting
- Profuse tearing
- KeratitisKeratitis is a swelling of the cornea, most commonly due to wearing contact lenses for too long. Symptoms include red eye, pain, or blurry vision, and you should visit our emergency eye doctor as soon as possible.
- Iritis / uveitisThis swelling of your eye is usually caused by trauma to the eye or by systemic disease. Our optometrist will perform a detailed, comprehensive eye exam to recommend treatment. The symptoms include:
- Eye pain
- Red eye
- Light sensitivity
- Loss of visual acuity
No matter what type of eye problem you experience, our Sacramento, California, eye doctor will use skill and advanced diagnostics to diagnose your condition. Do not delay – contact Schauffele & Fleischmann, ODs immediately! We won’t make you wait to receive first-rate eye care.
Schauffele & Fleischmann, ODs, your Sacramento eye doctor for eye exams and eye care
Alternatively, book an appointment online here CLICK FOR AN APPOINTMENT